A couple of weeks ago we were interviewed by Alberta Venture magazine for their upcoming article on 2011 food trends. Thinking back to 2010, we realized that there was one food trend that really took off, poutine.
It seems that a growing number of restaurants from fast food to fine dining have added poutine to their menu. I guess healthy eating is dead, or at least dying temporarily to give way to delicious french fries, cheese curds, and gravy. Hence, our list of top five authentic and not so authentic poutines in Calgary (and area).
5. Alberta King of Subs – Authentic Quebecois style poutine.
4. Laurier Lounge – Duck Confit Poutine
3. District – The entire poutine menu including duck confit, bacon, blue cheese, cranberries, etc.
2. Yardhouse – Montreal Smoked Meat Poutine (the magic is in the fries)
1. La Belle Patate – Authentic right down to the squeaky cheese curds