It’s that time of year where, if you are like me, you spend more time trying to figure out what to buy people for gifts then you actually do shopping for them. Which is why we love putting together our annual Calgary Foodies Gift List. Here are the top 10 things we tried and loved this year, and that would make a perfect gift for your favorite foodie.
- The ultra fast Lavatools Thermapen. This is now our most essential piece of gear. We have talked about thermometers in the past, but this one takes the cake. It is almost instant – which makes it awesome and also makes it so every burger, steak, chicken, piece of fish, and cup of coffee is cooked perfectly. We love it. Get it from Amazon. ~$40
- While the Lavatools Thermapen is our favorite tool, the Smart Weigh Digital Scale is by far the most used tool in our kitchen – even more than our favorite knives. It is used to measure out portions of food and coffee, ingredients for homemade pasta and sausage, and well pretty much everything we need to weigh. Part of being a foodie and not being fat after all, is portion control. Get it from Amazon. ~$25
- The Foodsaver Vacuum Sealer has been a life saver this year, keeping our bounties of fish from my west coast fishing trip and our annual hunting trip virtually perfect in the freezer. However, we’ve also used it for intensifying marinades and keeping wine fresh with the included wine saver kit. Get it from Amazon. ~$150
- Jack Daniel’s Sinatra Select or Century. Any Scotch lover who doesn’t give equal creed to his Tennessee Whiskey just shouldn’t be a whiskey drinker at all. JD recently introduced Sinatra Select and Century, the latter of which you may be as likely to steal a sip of as you are to meet Frank himself. Regardless, if you can get your hands on either bottle, it is a treat that a foodie will be sure to love. Check out the picture above of the specially grooved barrels used to make the Sinatra bottles a little bit more special. ~$250 and $800 respectively.
- Any knife from Knifewear – literally. This is the one thing that without question will please any foodie. Trust me, I know. Whenever Jen can’t think of anything to get me for Christmas or a birthday, this is what I get. I sure hope she doesn’t have any ideas for this year. Hint Hint. ~$80+++
Bonus – as a cool stocking stuffer, check out Marshmallows and Drinking Chocolate from Fiasco Gelato. You won’t be disapointed. 🙂