The World’s Most Elegant Picnic Celebrates 5 years in Calgary!
Year after year, the breathtaking scene of thousands of white-clad guests descending upon one of the
city most prestigious public space becomes more extraordinary for guests and passerby alike.
“We couldn’t be more thrilled to celebrate such a grand milestone with Calgarians,” says Cory
Edwards, co-host of the event. “Over the years, we’ve seen our city embrace Le Dîner en Blanc Calgary
more and more… We can’t wait to show you what surprises we have in store for this year!”
Participation to this unique event happens in three stages: Phase 1 is for members who attended the
previous year; Phase 2 is for new members who are referred by Phase I attendees; and Phase 3 is for
people who signed up on the waiting list. For a chance to be part of this milestone event, register now
on the waiting list at calgary.dinerenblanc.com/register
To maintain the uniqueness of Le Dîner en Blanc as well as staying true to tradition, guests must observe certain requirements and follow a few key rules:
- Once confirmed, each guest’s participation becomes mandatory, regardless of weather conditions. This is a rain or shine event.
- Dress code: head-to-toe in elegant and white only attire. Originality is encouraged as long as it is stylish
- Table setting: all white!
- Champagne and/or wine, beer and hard liquor are prohibited.
- As per Alberta alcohol regulations, guests cannot bring their own alcohol. Guests wishing to enjoy
some wine or champagne, must reserve online through the Dîner en Blanc’s e-store. However,
guests are welcome to bring their own non-alcoholic beverages.
- To ensure that the location secret is kept undisclosed until last minute, guests meet at assigned departure
location and are escorted by a Dîner en Blanc volunteer.
- In order to leave the event location as clean as when they arrived, guests are required to leave with all their
belongings, leftovers and litter.
Guests must bring
- A table, two white chairs, white tablecloth.
- A picnic basket comprising fine food and proper stemware and white dinnerware.
- A catered picnic basket option, which can be picked up on site, will be available for those who
do not wish to pack their own. Guests wishing to do so must reserve online must reserve online
through the Dîner en Blanc’s e-store.For full details on the event’s rules and regulations, please visit calgary.dinerenblanc.com/about.
About Le Dîner en Blanc
Launched in Paris in 1988 by François Pasquier and a handful of friends, Le Dîner en Blanc has become a
worldwide epicurean phenomenon. Dîner en Blanc – Paris now attracts over 10,000 people each year. What was
a “friends and word-of-mouth only” event has grown into an international sensation celebrated on six
continents. While the technology behind the event may have changed over the years, the principles fueling this
fantastic event have not: guests continue to gather at a secret location for the sole purpose of sharing a gourmet
meal with good friends in one of their city’s most beautiful public spaces. Founded in 2012 and headquartered
in Montreal, Canada, Dîner en Blanc International is responsible for developing this secret posh picnic in over 70
cities in more than 25 countries around the world. Each event is headed by passionate local organizers who fell
in love with the concept and wanted to bring it to their city, giving this rendezvous a local flair. For more info
and photos of Dîner en Blanc events from around the world, visit dinerenblanc.com.
Hashtags: #dinerenblanc #DEByyc2017